WRAG Radio Raggedy

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Barbara Lynn: "I'm A Good Woman", "You'll Lose A Good Thing" (Guest: Memphis Minnie)

For those who love their Soul with a splash of Blues in it:
Barbara Lynn was one of the pioneer women in the music buisiness. She was not only singing, but she was also playing the guitar, which was quite unusual back then. (Some Blues ladies like Memphis Minnie, for example had preceded her, to be fair.) And both, I must add, she did gracefully and with great skill.

Here's a toast to a great woman!

You'll Lose A Good Thing


I'm a Good Woman


You'll Lose A Good Thing

And since I've mentioned Memphis Minnie, I might as well let her share the stage with Barbara at SOTS

Memphis Minnie, Kissing In The Dark. Minnie sure could play the guitar ...


No comments: