WRAG Radio Raggedy

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Little Johnny Taylor -- My Special Rose, You're Not The Only One

Blues On Thursday!



You're Not The Only One

My Special Rose



Little Johnny Taylor is best known for his slow blues smashes "Part Time Love" (Galaxy Records, 1963) and "Everybody Knows About My Good Thing" (Ronn Records, 1971). 
He is not the Johnnie Taylor, however. (The latter contributed to their being mixed up when he covered "Part Time Love" for Stax.)
In 1950, Little Johnny Taylor came to Los Angeles where he sang with the Mighty Clouds of Joy before going secular. His first charting recording was "You'll Need Another Favor," a tune strongly reminiscent of the great Bobby Blue Bland sound.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not approve on it. I think polite post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Raggedy said...

You're very welcome, Anonymous!