WRAG Radio Raggedy

Monday, December 7, 2009

Millie Jackson -- All The Way Lover, If Loving You Is Wrong (I Don't Want To Be Right)


I am aware that I am walking on thin ice, so to speak, with my pick of the day. Millie has always enjoyed the reputation of being the "raunchy" version of Gladys Knight. So, please, if you're objecting to anything less than appropriate -- then don't listen to this song.
Raunchy or not -- All The Way Lover shows what a great vocalist and actress (in a way) Millie is. She not only sings the song, but also seems to act it ... I just love Millie.
For those who shouldn't know her knock-out version of Luther Ingram's If Loving You Is Wrong, I think it's high time to get treated to a superb rendition of it. In the blink of an eye, she makes the song her own.   

Sing Millie! Sing!


All The Way Lover 

If Loving You Is Wrong

2 comments:

Darcy said...

I have loved Millie for as long as I can remember. When I DJed I used to play All The Way Lover in the slowie spot. It became something of a fixture. That was before the slowies were termed Quiet Storm, and of course I don't think they play slowies in clubs anymore! It dates me, I know.

Raggedy said...

Millie just says it as it is. That's what I like about her.
Concerning the issue of being dated -- at least we don't have to be ashamed of our vintage. *smiles*