WRAG Radio Raggedy

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Otis Clay -- Is It Over, Home Is Where The Heart Is, Pouring Water On A Drowning Man



Otis Clay is my favorite Hi-Records artist. And I say "is" -- not "is one of." He's got everything in his singing that meets my expectations of excellence. One can easily trace his Gospel roots (to which he has returned a while ago) and enjoy all the secular feelings that come with Deep Soul of the finest kind.
His singing is steeped in gritty, emotional urgency, and there is no-one who could do it better.

Pouring Water On A Drowning Man

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Is It Over

Read a detailed biography here!

2 comments:

Darcy said...

I agree Otis is a great singer. I've been slowly accruing his records over the last few years. I'm feeling pleased with myself at the moment because after about a year of waiting patiently I finally bagged a 45 of "Is It Over" at a nice price. It dropped thru the letterbox only a couple of weeks ago.

Raggedy said...

Congratulations on your vinyl find. Thank goodness you didn't have to use the "Grizzled Skipper" method again ...