WRAG Radio Raggedy

Thursday, November 4, 2010

John Lee Hooker (live) -- I'll Never Get Out Of These Blues Alive



Here comes J. L. Hooker -- and with him are Otis Spann on the piano. Muddy Waters, Sammy Lawhorn and Luther Johnson are playing some fine guitar tunes. Francis Clay on the drums and Mac Arnold plays the bass. This track is from a 1966 live recording at the Cafe au Go Go in New City. Recordings like these don't leave any doubt as to why the man became the legend he is.


John Lee Hooker - Live at the Cafe au Go-Go
    (New York City, August 30th, 1966)
     01 I'm Bad Like Jesse James.mp3
    02 She's Long, She's tall ( She Weeos Like A Willow Tree).mp3
    03 When My First Wife Left Me.mp3
    04 Heartaches and Misery.mp3
    05 One Bourbon, One Scotch And One Beer.mp3
    06 I Don't Want No Trouble.mp3
    07 I'll Never Get Out Of These Blues Alive.mp3
    08 Seven days.mp3
     



No comments: