WRAG Radio Raggedy

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

For Your Precious Love Versions

I just found another cover of "For Your Precious Love" -- one of the most beautiful love songs that ever have been sung.
I would like to ask you to help me expand the collection of versions I have been able to acquire so far. Here are the versions I have in my library:

The Flames
The Invitations
The Rolling Stones
James Brown
Linda Jones
The Impressions
Jerry Butler (of course)
Garnet Mimms
Roy Hamilton
Otis Redding
Oscar Toney
Geater Davis

Please send your version to:  btexpress944@gmail.com


Update: Jan. 14th
((Marc)) contributed the following cover versions:
David Allan Coe
Don Bryant
Francine Reed feat. William Bell (live)
Jackie Wilson and Count Basie
Johnnie Taylor
Little Johnny Taylor
The Hi Lites
The Laurels
Vernon Green and The Medallions
Many thanks for these fantastic tracks!

I dug out the following covers:
Aaron Neville
Buddy Miles live

Update Jan. 15th
Francine Reed (studio) Passion, fire, power.
Southside Johnny (Smooth and silky)
The Marcels (Fantastic acappella version)
The Impressions (1981) (Doesn't really work for me)
Barbara Mason (Beautiful, simply beautiful)
Byron Lee and The Dragonairs (Makes the heart sing and dance!)
Gene Vincent (Different somehow)


I dug out the following covers:
Aaron Neville
Buddy Miles live


***
Concerning my complaint about the lack of participation, I had some people call me impatient. They say I expect too much too soon from my blog friends. So, let's wait a little longer and see if there will be more submissions in the next days.

Update Jan. 22, 2011
I've posted my favorites here.
In addition, Marc sent me 3 more versions. 

No comments: