WRAG Radio Raggedy

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Alice Clark -- The Charms Of The Arms Of Love




Alice Clark recorded some outstanding music from the mid 60’s to early 70’s. “Charms Of The Arms Of Love” is only one of her many, many excellent recordings. I strongly recommend buying her Complete Studio Recordings 1966-1972. Firstly, so you can add this outstanding artist’s work to your collection and, secondly, so you won’t miss out on a musical pleasure.

Her music is the perfect flawless blend of moderate jazz, soul, and gospel.   You will hear great horn sections ranging from an polished orchestral sound to the raw southern soul style. Add Clark’s vocals, and you’ll have the perfect combination.

Picking today’s song was pretty difficult. I love “I Keep It Hid,” written by Jimmy  who wrote such classics as “By The Time I Get To Phoenix,” for example. Then “Looking at Life,” came up in my library -- and I thought I should post that song because the intro is so great ... 

Here we go!



Have a great day everyone!

No comments: