WRAG Radio Raggedy

Friday, December 5, 2014

Don Covay -- "The House Of The Blue Lights"

I am a huge fan of Don Covay's music ... As a matter of fact, I believe he is both one of the most versatile and accomplished R&B artists ever. Way underrated, of course.
A while ago I posted a Don Covay Special with a few of my favorite songs by him.
Today's pick is from the homonymous Atlantic Records releasefrom 1969.
The album was a collaboration with the Jefferson Lemon Blues Band that showcased Covay's talent in the field of blues and rock.






2 comments:

Darcy said...

I've been on a big Don Covay trip recently. I bought this on CD just a few weeks back (couldn't wait for a decent vinyl copy to come up).

Season's Greetings to you Raggedy.

Raggedy said...

Thanks Darcy! I enjoy this time of the year tremendously.