WRAG Radio Raggedy

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Soultaker's Treasure Chest 01-04-2015

Posted by Soultaker

First off I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year.  I'm hoping that this coming year will be better for me and the ones close to me.  It was a rough 2014 with my girlfriend dealing with bladder cancer.  She is doing well with her new bladder and everything is working out.  Very lucky to have caught it in time to do something about it.  So it's nothing but looking up in the coming year. 

To help start off the New Year, I give you another set of tunes to enjoy.


1.  Branded Bad - O'Jays - Neptune Records

2.  Can I Change My Mind - Eddie Floyd - Stax

3.  Suspicious Minds - Dee Dee Warwick - Atco

4.  What Our Love Needs - King Floyd - Cotillion Records

5.  This Thing Called Love - The Webs - Pop-Side

6.  A Dance, A Kiss and A Song - The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band - Warner Bros.

7.  I Can't Believe (What You Say) - Ike and Tina Turner - Capitol

8.  Standing In The Grit Line - Don Covay & The Jefferson Lemon Blues Band - Janus Records

9.  Tell Me What's On Your Mind - Cyril Neville - Josie

10.  Is It You Girl - Betty Wright - Alston

11.  Through All Times - Chuck Jackson - ABC Records


PS to Raggedy, I hope you feel better.  Both our lives have been busy and we will catch up soon enough.

1 comment:

Raggedy said...

I just can't get any comment posted at the moment. Tried it several times and it never worked.
Anyway, I wanted to say that you stacked some of my favorite voices up in this post: early O'Jays, DeeDee Warwick, Don Covay, and Chuck Jackson, one of the most impressive voices I've ever heard.
I'm quite busy at the moment adjusting to the new life ...