WRAG Radio Raggedy

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Remembering Percy Sledge




Alright, here is a song by the great Percy Sledge that still gives me goose flesh after all the years of listening to it. Way back, there used to be that perfect harmony in a song, the organ, the strings, the horn section, the background singers  -- and the singer all were blending together to a perfect piece ...
"Come Softly To Me" is one of my favorite Percy Sledge songs ever.




... oh, and the creamy quality of Percy's voice in "I've Been Loving You Too Long" never fails to touch me.




And finally, "Warm And Tender Love" which to me is on the same level with "When A Man Loves A Woman."
Percy Sledge and his soulful music will always be around to wrap me in his warm and tender musical embrace.
Thanks, Percy.




Btw., please feel free to post your Percy Sledge favorite in the comment section. 

No comments: