WRAG Radio Raggedy

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Jack Burton Trio live

My chief music scout took me out to the Luna Lounge again, and like always, he knew exactly what he was doing. Jack Burton and his band were fantastic. So were the two Skylarks I had.

Unfortunately, my own video turned out to be less than perfect (way less), and so I am posting a Youtube clip of one of their performances. Their repertoire ranges from 60's and 70's soul to jazzy contemporary pieces with a jazzy feel written by Jack Burton himself. The musicians are first rate, and Jack's lovely wife, without a doubt, can sing quite well.

It didn't take long before the dance floor became crowded, and people were dancing in their seats or at the table. If the Jack Burton Trio is anywhere near you, you need to check them out. You will not regret it. Your old Raggedy was totally smitten with the horn section ...

I begin to believe that good old Austin, Texas really  has some of the very best musicians to offer.
If you want to know more about this "trio," please visit its website 

Enjoy a taste of what Jack Burton calls "Austin Soul." I love it!


No comments: