WRAG Radio Raggedy

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Double Exposure -- "Perfect Lover"


Music from an era that was bringing the nation closer together. Harmony and optimism ruled back in the 70's. Not everything was perfect but we tried to make the world better ... It really hurts me to see the strife and divisiveness that has crept into our daily lives. 

I've been listening to a lot of TSOP lately -- for nostalgic reasons. And while I listened to Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, Blue Magic, The Manhattans, The Stylistics and all the greats that made the 70's what they were, I could feel the spirit of that time stir inside me. It felt so good to be part of a generation that was able to listen as well as talk to each other ...

So, today's post is one of my favorites from that time.

Double Exposure was founded as "United Image" in the 60's. They recorded three albums between 1976 and 1979 for Salsoul. 

"Perfect Lover" was the B-side of "I Declare War" which was released in 1978 for Salsoul Records.
(For my fellow Temptations fans: one Ron Tyson is listed as the percussionist on the recording. anyone knows more?)


Enjoy!



Here's proof that Disco wasn't always the boring stuff it became infamous for.


No comments: