WRAG Radio Raggedy

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."  Marcel Proust



Your old Raggedy wishes you all a happy Thanksgiving. Before I head to the kitchen to prepare the meal to celebrate the holiday, I would like to share a few thoughts with you.

While I'll be chopping onions, cleaning vegetables, kneading dough, I will also be thinking of those who are less fortunate than my husband an myself. There are people with no food, no shelter; there are people who feel unloved and unwanted; there are people who are grieving and hurting inside; there are people who are ill and dying. If you are a person who prays, please include them in your prayers, asking God to grant them the blessing of finding something -- no matter how trivial it may appear -- to say thank you for, too. The ability to say "Thank you" is empowering in itself.

On the other hand, hearing these words gives some of us the strength and encouragement to  keep performing the everyday lackluster tasks that have to be carried out to make the world keep turning -- but never ever are appreciated. Say "Thank you" to those who work for us unseen and unknown.

I, for myself, would like to thank all the health care workers, whether doctor, nurses or others involved in averting the spread of Ebola in our country. Thank you for the work you've done!
And thank you to those who gave their lives to keep us safe. My thoughts are with their families.

And don't forget to be genuinely grateful for all the good that happened to you during the past year. Genuinely and consciously grateful, I mean. Don't just pay lip service to the reason this holiday exists.

Most of all, though, show and tell your loved ones that you care for them, that you feel blessed and thankful for having them in your life.

George Jackson -- "Let Them Know You Care"



2 comments:

Soultaker said...

Very Well Said. I hope you and your husband are enjoying the holidays.

Raggedy said...

Thanks! We are actually already in the christmas mode ...