WRAG Radio Raggedy

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Soultaker's Treasure Chest 05-16-2015





Posted by Soultaker

Been a rough couple of months.  Laid my sister to rest this past Wednesday.  She had pasted away from cancer.  She had it for a few years and she fought it till the end.  So now she is no longer in pain.  Things seem to be just a blur the last couple of months.  Everyone, especially my Mother can now begin to go on with the things that like to do.  I am able to relax myself finally.

I don't know when the last time I turned on my turntables.  Here is something I put together real quick.  I hope you enjoy.

1.  Can't Get You Off Of My Mind - Brothers Of Soul - Boo
2.  What You To Know - Rotary Connection - Cadet
3.  Poor Sam - Ike & Tina Turner - Innis
4.  That's What Happens - Howard Tate - Turntable
5.  Your Love Picks Me Up - Josephine Taylor - Mar-V-Lus/Secret Stash reissue
6.  Cool Broadway - The Fantastic Johnny C - Phil-La of Soul
7.  Hey Joyce - Lou Courtney - Popside
8.  Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah - Saun & Starr - Daptone
9.  Give Me Your Love - Barbara Mason - Buddah Records
10.  Get To This( You Get To Me ) - Leroy Hutson - Curtom
11.  It Must Be Love - Alton, McClain & Destiny - Polydor
12.  Bingo - The Whispers - Janus
13.  Never Give You Up - Harvey Mason - Arista



Special Rest In Peace to My Sister Queenie, Percy Sledge, Ben E. King and B.B. King.

 



 

4 comments:

Raggedy said...

Soultaker, please accept my sincerest condolences. I can very well feel your pain. I lost a sister to cancer too ...
I hope and wish that your family will heal over time. The scars will remain forever, however. As you said, there comes a point when fighting the disease turns into suffering only, and God's mercy will finally put an end to it.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Soultaker said...

Thank you for the kind words.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raggedy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.