WRAG Radio Raggedy

Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Sweetest Reggae Voice Ever: Johnny Nash -- "Guava Jelly", "I Can See Clearly Now"

"Let's think about tomorrow/Our future's bright ..."



I remember listening to Johnny Nash's I Can See Clearly Now in 1974 when I had my driver's license for 7 or 8 months and was driving(speeding) around in my little Opel Kadett -- both windows down -- as fast as I could. And of course the music turned up as loud as possible. Reggae music, the wind in my hair: The freedom I felt back then was simply indescribable.  


I just love this YouTube Clip of Hold Me Tight
Times seemed to be as uncomplicated and simple as the production of this clip ... Shoop-shoop! The only thing that counted was the music and the joy it gave.



I Can See Clearly Now


Guava Jelly

No comments: