WRAG Radio Raggedy

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Felice Taylor -- "It May Be Winter Outside (But In My Heart It's Spring)"





Climate change has finally found its way to Texas, and I can spend a nice winter vacation right at home -- for free!

The first song that springs to mind in connection with snow, ice, and cold is, of course, "It May Be Winter Outside (But In My Heart It's Spring)." 

Today, I'll post a different version of the famous one by the Love Unlimited Orchestra. It is by Felice Taylor, a singer I've never heard of. 




Felice began her career singing in a trio with her sisters Norma and Darlene. They released "The Richest Girl,"their only single,  for Valiant Records in 1965. Felice kept recording throughout the 60's. She was married to her manager and song writer Johnny Taylor from 1960 to 1977. 

She died June 12, 2017. 

Her version was first released on Mustang Records in 1966. Such a sweet and mellow voice. 

 






No comments: