WRAG Radio Raggedy

Friday, November 8, 2013

Ralfi Pagan -- "Stay Out Of My Life"



 I meant to write about Ralfi Pagan for quite a while -- actually, ever since I included one of my favorites by him in my WRAG post "Kisses, Kisses, Kisses."  (At ca. 27:00) 


Ralfi's "Just One Of Your Kisses" and "Stay Out Of My Life" have become stables on my playlists.
He was of Puerto Rican/Cuban origins and sang in English as well as in Spanish -- and did it absolutely beautifully.
His ballads combined sensitivity and passion to a perfect degree. Soulful, soulful, soulful too.
Sadly enough, he was killed at age 30 while on a promotional tour in Colombia.

So here's a taste of a "Latin lover's" struggle to keep an old, problem laden love out of his life ...



He released five albums between 1972 and 1978 for Fania and Pumkris Records.  For a complete discography, please check the Discogs site.

More music by Ralfi Pagan:




My personal rating:



No comments: