WRAG Radio Raggedy

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Ronnie Dyson -- "She's Gone"

Now, Ronny Dyson cannot hide his ties to Broadway. Ever since he sang lead on "Aquarius," in the musical "Hair" in 1968, his singing shows where he got his vocal training. 




He was born June 5, 1950 in Washington, DC and died way too young on November 10, 1990. 

 

 "She's Gone" is not one of his biggest hits, but definitely a fine piece. Together with "Familiar Strangers," which I included in my last podcast, today's post ranks among my alltime favorites. Perfect vocals matched with first rate musicians -- that's art. 

 Between 1970 and 1983, he released seven albums. 

"She's Gone" was the B-side of "I Don't Wanna Cry" (Columbia, 1970). 

And here's "Familiar Stangers" again -- just so you know what you've missed if you didn't listen to my last podcast on MixCloud.

Enjoy!
 

No comments: