WRAG Radio Raggedy

Sunday, April 4, 2021

David Ruffin -- "Out In The Country" and "Mountain of Memories"

I hope you all are having a beautiful, blessed Easter. It's a special Easter for us here in Texas. Somehow, opening the state feels like a personal resurrection to me. Gone are the staying at home and all the gloom it created. Let's just hope my fellow Texans are smart and considerate enough not to get carried away and spoil the chance at freedom. That said, I'll share my two Easter eggs with you. They are from David Ruffin's shelved Motown material that was released in 2004 on the album David. Of course, I remember the days when Easter was still about going egg hunting and long, long walks through the fresh green forest ... and somehow, the two songs conjure those images up. I guess, we all have our very own mountains of memories.

No comments: