WRAG Radio Raggedy

Sunday, April 5, 2020

A Candle For Bill Withers July 4, 1938 - March 30, 2020




Bill Withers died on Monday, March 30,  at age 81. USA Today reported that he died from heart problems.

I vividly remember the day I heard his "Ain't No Sunshine" for the first time ... And  I remember, too, that I thought I would never need someone to lean on when "Lean On Me" came out. That's how you feel when you're young and strong.

Being older and wiser now -- and having been through some lecturing by life -- I feel that "The World Keeps Going Around" is the most important thing I've learned.

The world has lost a wonderful poet, composer, and musician who left his mark on the world and many a mind. Thanks for the beautiful time and music you gave us.


RIP Bill Withers!





No comments: