WRAG Radio Raggedy

Sunday, January 16, 2022

The Delfonics -- "Lying To Myself"

 


 ... and here comes Raggedy. Late to the show -- the New Years Party that is. Anyway, I hope you all had a great start into the new year. And I wish you all the best for 2022.

Hubby and I were talking about music this morning over breakfast. We're both quite disappointed in the development of the art, and I noticed we begin to sound like our parents way back when they were complaining about the "noise" we "considered" music. Makes me smile ...

So, we decided to stick to the horn sections and actual drums, the guitars and strings that combined to create the perfect harmonies we love so much. We also appreciate the fact that auto-tune and
(what's-it-called?) pitch correction had not been in control of music as it is nowadays. 

"Lying to Myself" is from the 1974 Alive and Kicking album. 

The video below is from a live appearance in September 2000! Amazing, huh?






No comments: