WRAG Radio Raggedy

Sunday, March 20, 2022

Teddy Pendergrass -- "Nine Times Out Of Ten" and "You Must Live On"

I've originally posted these two titles on November 18, 2009. Been a while, huh? 

While scrolling through my beloved blog, I noticed that the videos were gone and decided to repost them. 
Teddy P. simply had one of the greatest voices ever. TSOP without Teddy would have been not complete. 

The tracks are from his It's Time For Love album. It was released in September 1981 and the last album before the terrible accident that left him paralyzed.  

In his biography Teddy writes about the aftermath of this accident -- and his attempt not to give up. 

"In 1982 and at the height of my career, I had an automobile accident. I WAS DEVASTATED!

I had no idea what to do or where to turn.

After being pushed aside and in despair, unexpectedly and thankfully, in ‘83, another golden and much-needed opportunity came my way. Not knowing whether I could, or would succeed, I was offered another recording contract.

In 1984 and against all odds, I released the album “Love Language” which spawned the duet “Hold me in your arms” featuring a then young and unknown 18 year old singer named Whitney Houston. In fact, that was her first record. Ladies and Gentlemen, that album to date has sold over 2 million copies." ( https://teddypendergrassofficial.com/teddy-pendergrass-biography/ )


He would have turned 72 on March 26. 


 
















And here's the famous duet with Whitney Houston



 

No comments: