WRAG Radio Raggedy

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Pure Genius: Norman Whitfield


Jeez... I've planned this post for ages. I actually started to write around Christmas -- and now it's almost Easter ... Time is flying. But the good thing about time is that some music never gets old, and that time has the power to prove the value of truly great compositions. Just as the best of the past's music have turned into classic music, the best of our times will become the classics of the future. And if you ask  me, one composer surely will be among the classical masters of the future: Norman Whitfield.

Norman Whitfield. came up with a completely new sound, added new instruments to his arrangements, shifted music in a totally new direction. So to me, he is a genius who created something unique: the psychedelic sound.





I just found this tribute-kind-of tune while I was looking for articles etc. about Norman Whitfield. This short piece, in my opinion, showcases the innovative contribution of Norman Whitfield.



Ball of Confusion (composers Barrett Strong/Norm Whitfiled)








No comments: